Saturday, January 3, 2009

She's Here!!

Kylee has joined us! She decided to com on December 29th at 5:13 AM. Quinton and I finally got tired of waiting around in Grand Junction for my labor to progress, so on Sunday we made the trip back home to Rangely. At 11:00 pm Sunday night my water broke, so we got in the Tahoe and made another 1.5 hour drive to the hospital in much more of a hurry than the first time I started labor. This was the real thing! Luckily the roads were much better than the first time we drove over the pass. Quinton made great time and when we got to the hospital I was at a 6 and ready progressing quickly. My Hypnobithing instructor was also my doula, so she was there to help me with the relaxation and breathing techniques we had practices. It was great having her there to talk me through what I should be doing. The Hypnobirthing technique worked great, but toward the end I was given the choice to either push like crazy to get her out or they would use a vacuum. She had been in the birth canal for too long and her heart rate would fluctuate, so my midwife wanted her out. So in the end I had to "purple push" instead of breathing her down as I had been doing up to that point. Kylee finally made it after 1.5 hours of pushing (6 hours after my water broke). She is such a beautiful and healthy baby!

We have enjoyed having her so much. I love watching Quinton as a dad. He is amazing with Kylee and so helpful for me. He is having to take care of both of us while I recover. The other day he said, "how could a little girl make a guy so happy?" We just love watching every move Kylee makes and of course we think she is the cutest girl in the world! She has been a great sleeper; in fact it is hard to keep her awake long enough to eat! We really enjoy every minute with her. Here are some of the MANY pictures we have taken in her 5 days of life.







More pictures will come tomorrow- the internet is not working great right now...

2 comments:

Tatum said...

Congratulations!!!! What a miracle! I love that the hypno-birthing was a success for you! You are amazing and your little girl is adorable.

Liz said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I am glad everything went well!