Well it has been an interesting three days for Quinton and I. On Christmas Eve I started having consistent contractions, so finally at 5:00AM Christmas morning after 5 hours of contractions we decided that we better head over the mountain pass to get to the hospital since they were not going away. It took us 2.5 hours to get to the hospital because the roads were the worst I have ever in my life seen them. Douglas Pass is a terrible road to drive on a sunny, dry day in May, so you can imagine what it was like at 5:00 AM in a blizzard with no snow plows. We almost got stuck in a drift at the very top of the pass because it was a complete whiteout and we lost track of the road. Luckily, we got back on track, without going off the edge, and eventually made it to the hospital at 7:30 AM Christmas morning. The midwife checked me and I was dilated to 4/5 cm and 90% effaced. We were sure we would have a Christmas baby! However, my contractions soon slowed and eventually stopped all together. We stayed in the hospital all day just hanging out hoping that they would pick up again.
It is now Saturday and still no baby or intense contractions! We have been hanging out in Grand Junction staying at a hotel and wondering around during the day to pass the time. We don't want to venture over the pass again and go home, because I really could go into labor at any time and I don't want another drive like we had before! Today we have found ourselves at the public library, which is why I can post this. I mostly wanted to record our experiences so far for my own sake, but thought you might enjoy hearing about our adventure as well.
We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Keep your fingers crossed for us that our little girl will decide to join us soon!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Just Waiting...
at
10:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Good luck! I hope she comes soon.
I thought for sure she would be here by now!! Wow, I have heard of lucky moms who get that kind of experience. So sorry she will be worth the wait! We are excited!
We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers!! Good luck Courtney!!
Post a Comment