Monday, September 6, 2010

Introducing Jaxson Don!

The baby counter on the side is a little off... Jaxson decided to come a bit earlier than expected. He was born on August 22 at 9:15 pm. I couldn't decide if I was really in labor, but we decided to head to Grand Junction (1.5 hours away) just in case. Turns out I was in labor. After checking me the nurse wanted to do an ultrasound just to make sure that he was head down. Turns out he wasn't... I begged them to try to turn him, but since my water had already broke they said it was too late. They got me ready for a C-section while I cried. I was really looking forward to having another natural birth.

When Jaxson arrived he at first seemed completely healthy, but he started turning blue so they had to give him oxygen. Since he was 3 weeks early his lungs needed a little extra help breathing. They called it "whimpy white boy syndrome" because I guess a lot of early white males have the same problem. They took him to the NICU and gave him some medicine and hooked him up to a CPAP breathing machine. It was several hours before I was able to see him and 13 hours before I was able to really hold him. That was the worst part of having a C-section.

He was in the NICU for 3 days, but was breathing on his own after the first day. He and I were both released the same day. Kylee was with my parents that whole time, so we were really excited to see her after 3 days. Jaxson came home on oxygen since Rangely is a higher altitude than Grand Junction. He will be on it until he is one month old.

Kylee has been the best big sister. She loves to see and hold the baby and she always says, "cute" or "tiny" when she sees him. We started potty training her one week before Jaxson was born (we thought we would have a month) and she continues to do great with that. She has the potty thing down with no problems, but the #2 is a little bit more difficult for her to make it to the toilet.

We love having these two sweet kids in our home. They have been such a blessing in our lives and we are so grateful to be their parents.

5 comments:

Tatum said...

Congrats!! Let's see some pics!

Tori said...

Hooray! I'm glad that everything worked out all right in the end- even if it worked out differently than planned. Congratulations!

Ashley and Aaron said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats! I'm glad your little guy (and you of course) are doing ok. SO happy for you Court!!!

Ang said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures!

Chelsey Robertson said...

Congrats! I can't believe you already have two! I'm excited to see pictures of the cute little guy.