That is what I feel like Kylee is telling me every day! I know it has been two months since I last posted, but I am amazed at how much she has learned and developed in such a short time. Kylee has had several "firsts" in the last two months.
1. Eating solids. She has done quite well and some of her more 'unexpected' meals include: turkey crescent casserole (it's what we were eating that night), meatballs, baked potatoes, and creamed corn, and avacado. Some more normal meals include: pears, carrots, bananas, cereal, peaches, watermelon, cantalope, yogurt, and apples. I was given a great puree recipe book and a food mill to grind food, so I have loved making these homemade treats for her.
2. Teeth!! She got her first tooth on July 28th. It was on the bottom and the second one came shortly after. So now she has her two bottom teeth and they are so cute. Unfortunately I don't have pictures yet. Her two top teeth are almost in as well. She has been pretty tough through the pain.
3. Crawls! She started crawling on August 3rd (at seven months). It was like she just woke up and knew how to do it. Our world has changed!
4. Stands!!! Shortly after figuring out how to crawl, she learned to stand! We discovered this when she was crying in her crib:
Needless to say, we lowered the mattress in her crib that day!
5. First experience with horses. We didn't get to ride them, but she got to pet them and sit on a saddle in her cute cowgirl boots.


6. First french kiss!!! She loves giving herself kisses.
7. First time reading a story all by herself.
8. First bruise. This was so sad. You can't see the bruise really great in the picture, but it was quite a shiner on her cheek bone. She fell face first on the edge of her dresser from her changing table. I think I cried as much as she did.
8. First Shoulder ride on daddy. Her new favorite way to be carried.
10. First trip to Provo and the duck pond. She was facinated.
11. First bath with her cousin, Malia. She is exactly one year and a day older than Kylee. They will be great friends I think.
We continue to love watching this sweet girl grow. It is fun to watch her reach these milestones.
As for us... Quinton has been crazy busy trying to get 15 credits finished this summer as well as get ready to teach 4 new classes this year and work! He is amazing. School starts on August 31st, so we will be busy getting ready for that.
I have still been tutoring and playing with Kylee and helping Quinton wherever I can. It is so nice that I don't have to go back to work after spending so much time together this summer.
We both celebrated birthdays! I am now 25 and Quinton is 27! We are old!!
I am coaching middle school volleyball this year and I hired Quinton as my assistant coach and Kylee as the manager! We have been practicing now for 3 days. It's been fun so far. Quinton and I work well together and Kylee has been a great sport to go to practice with us. She just crawls around the gym and loves to take rides in the ball cart. She will either be a major gym rat or she will hate the gym! We are hoping for the gym rat!
We hope you have enjoyed this novel! I am terrible at journaling and only slightly better at blogging, but I have to record our happenings somehow!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Mommy WOW! I'm a big kid now!
at
7:40 PM
Labels: another update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
I love the home made baby food! You probably heard this but you can buy the frozen veggies and cook those and then mash them up too. She is super cute!
Wow that is a lot of "firsts" she is so adorable and getting cuter everyday....if that is possible!
Post a Comment