Sunday, January 27, 2008

Procrastination....what's that?

I just read my friend Danielle's blog about what a procrastinator she is, and I realized how much worse I am. Danielle is doing an internship for BYU, just like I am and we both have a HUGE project due on January 30th. We have known about this killer assignment for about a year now and could have had it done in September without any trace of ulcers. Instead I am panicking and focusing on breathing as I try to figure out when I will get it done. Since today is basically shot, I have two days to finish it. I seem to do this every time I have a big problem due and a quote comes to my mind that my dear husband says from time to time, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting the same results." I think I fit that definition exactly! I swore it would be different this time and that I would get this thing done before Christmas. Then I swore that I would get it done during the Christmas break. Then I swore I would have it done before my mom came to visit this weekend. Now I have two days and I swear it will get done before the deadline! I guess I just need to accept the fact that I am a procrastinator and move on.

Well, wish me luck as I try to finish this pointless assignment! I am praying for a snow day tomorrow and I am seriously considering calling in sick so I can finish this thing!

1 comments:

Tatum said...

Your dang prayer worked...at least in SLC! We are basically snowed in!!! haha!