Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Skinny Girl

If you have not seen it for yourself, let me tell you that we have one skinny girl on our hands!  Kylee has always been very petite and she continues to be so.  We took her to her 15 month apt. a while ago and she saw a different pediatrician than normal.  Her regular dr. usually is not too concerned with Kylee's weight (or lack thereof) but she did say that she would at least like to see her back on the charts for weight.  This time the dr. suggested that we get blood work done to just make sure that she is absorbing fats.  I still feel strongly that Kylee is just going to be petite based on her genetics.  I was a shrimp and she has skinny genes from her dad too.  She is so healthy, active, and happy that we are not too worried.  We told the doctor that we would try really hard to fatten her up and see how she is at her next appointment.  In case you are wondering... she weighed 15 lbs 14 oz.  So close to 16 lbs!

She really was a good eater (as far as not being picky) for a long time.  I'm not sure what happened, but that has changed.  Her pediatrician called it a "toddler appetite" and explained that toddlers sometimes just want to play instead of eat.  Some days Kylee loves one food and eats a ton of it, then the next day she is saying NO NO!  and won't have anything to do with it.

So, my plea to you is for suggestions on ways to fatten a skinny girl up!!  I would also love to hear some things that your kids will eat for meals.  I feel like there are only a handful of things that she will eat, but I'm sure there are creative ways to get kids to eat.  So let me hear them!!!

She does love girl scout cookies apparently...

 

4 comments:

Liz said...

First let me just say she weighs the same as Bennett if not a little less. Second my kids are low on the weight too. Have you tried having her help make things that usually helps kids eat if they help make it.

vandi said...

sure wish I knew how to help....but I'm pretty bad at getting my own girls to eat. haha: ) But I know my nephew really really doesn't like to eat and he's super skinny too, so him mom gives him pediasure. It's chuck full of calories and nutrients. I dunno, maybe give that a try? By the way, congrats on baby #2!!! That's soo exciting: ) Hope everything is going great for you guys! Talk to you later: )

Debra said...

She is tiny! Abbie is the same age and almost 25 pounds. So we have the opposite problem as you do. :) Abbie likes cups of soup I just give her the noodles and she slurps them up. She gets excited when she sees the cup. Also cheddar cheese sticks, bean/beef burritos, open face cheese torttillas-melted in the microwave, apple slices with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on, that way you can pull them out of the frig, chicken nuggets, boiled egg sandwiches, as you can see Abbie isn't picky and likes to eat but maybe Kylee will like atleast one of these to help you out. Oh you could also try the crackers that have peanut butter in them. That should stick to her bones a little. Abbie's favorite is ck enchiladas. Good luck!

Ben Stocks said...

I say get her on a high protein and give her a weight gain shake every day :) J/K I'm excited for your house, let me know how it goes.