Kylee is now 9 weeks old! Wow, that went fast! Here are a few things we have been up to:
* I went back to work :-( It has been very hard to leave our little girl for a whole day, but it is getting better. I still don't like it, but I have accepted that I have to stick it out for 9 more weeks and 4 more days! My dad was the sub for my students while I was gone and he did a wonderful job! I am so impressed with what my kids know now. It is a lot of fun to be able to talk with my dad about each of the students. We even got to team teach for my first three days back. We worked well together. Thanks dad!
* Although it is so hard to leave Kylee, it is a lot easier knowing that she is in good hands. Our good family friend is watching her during the week. This lady is so sweet with her and is the next best thing to Grandma. In fact we call her Granmda Paula. We are so grateful for her and her generosity.
* We went to Kylee's 2 month appointment last week. She had to get her first shots. I had a doctor appointment at the same time, so Quinton was there with her and he said it was the saddest thing. He now knows what her "hurt cry" sounds like. Kylee is still a very healthy girl. She now weighs 8 lbs 11 oz and is 21 inches long. She is in the 8th percentile for weight and the 20th percentile for height. Although she is still petite we think she has grown so much!
* Kylee now smiles all the time! She makes a lot of cute noises, holds her head up well, and loves looking at her toys. We are having so much fun making her smile.
* We made a trip to Idaho a few weeks ago so that Kylee could meet her Kent family. She did great in the car and she loved watching her cousins. They were very excited to see her.
* The three of us also went back to our old stomping grounds in Provo. It was so good to be back and visit our friends there. We got to go to the BYU vs. Utah game and of course the Cougars won! That trip really made us miss Provo.
* Other than that we have been busy with our jobs and enjoying our new little family. We will be traveling to Idaho again this weekend to bless Kylee. It is our Spring Break next week, so we will get to stay there for a few days.
What would a post be without pictures?

She loves to snuggle up in a ball when she sleeps. It looks like I am pregnant again!


She loves it when her daddy gives her her bath. She gets so relaxed.

Grandma gave her her first hair cut! She still has her thick hair.

Her daddy already gives her airplane rides and as you can see, she holds her head up well!

A hilarious frown she made just tonight! Poor girl.
Monday, March 9, 2009
It's been a while
at
5:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
5 comments:
What a cutie! She is so tiny...my baby is already at least 9 pounds and is only 4 and a half weeks old. That is great that your dad got to be your sub...that probably made making plans nice!
She's so cute! How precious. You look great by the way! : ) Good luck with school, I'd be counting down also.
She is so pretty and sweet!! I'm glad you are enjoying your new addition!
She really is so cute! I hope we can see her soon. My sickness will pass sometime...
She is honestly so cute courtney. You guys did a good job ; ) I'm sure it is hard leaving her to go to school. I'm glad things are going well for you though. We're going to have to meet up soon!
Post a Comment