Thursday, July 31, 2008

Never say "Never"

So I have learned a valuable lesson in the last week. Life has thrown us a curve ball, which has made me eat my words. Quinton and I have always sworn that we would NEVER live in Rangley or Richfield, which are the small towns that we grew up in. Although we loved these places growing up we agreed that we should not move back to either one. Well, when opportunity knocks we have a hard time ignoring it and we are taking a great opportunity.

This all started as a joke exactly one week ago when I was on the phone with my dad. He was telling me all about the teaching openings in the Rangely school district. We joked about how Quinton and I should move there and maybe they would let Quinton teach even though he is not certified to be a teacher. I'm not exactly sure what happened next, but by Monday, I had a 4th grade job at Parkview Elementary and Quinton had a job at the high school. He will be teaching 4 periods of P.E. and two periods of world history. There are possibilities for coaching positions, but he has already turned down volleyball.

So after two months of being in Boise we are now packing our things once again (as I am writing this) to move to Colorado. This will be our third state we have lived in this year. Also, my third doctor; I will be certified to teach in three states, and many other "thirds" for us in a short period of time. We really feel that this is a great opportunity for us to get some experience. Quinton will still get his masters, but it will be through an online program rather than at Boise State. He will take some time this year to meet the few requirements he needs to get his teaching license so that he can continue teaching after this year.

Well that is our crazy news. We are still processing all of it and I'm not sure I actually believe it yet. So... never say, "never" because you never know where the great opportunities are going to be!

5 comments:

Stephanie Read said...

Wow Courtney! Thats great. You guys were meant to be teachers...

melissa ( : said...

Wow! Good luck with that!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across your blog searching for "blog husband toag" on google. I love your blog and the striped paper! So cute. I'm wondering where you got the digital paper from, was it free or a cost? Thanks! You can email me if you want at jillalston@hotmail.com
Hope to talk to you soon!

vandi said...

How awesome Court! I'm excited for you guys. Good night for all that packing and moving though. That's no fun: ) But I really am excited for you. I bet it'll be a great move. So how have you bee feeling? Are you getting more and more excited about the little tike all the time? I sure love you. Talk to you soon!

Chelsey Robertson said...

Court, tell me all about what is going on with you guys!! How is teaching and how was the move? Congrats on the little girl!!