Sunday, January 9, 2011

Count Your Many Blessings...


This has been one of those crazy weeks that can turn your world upside down. I would not say that mine is, but I was definitely a little overwhelmed. Both kids got a cold the Monday after Christmas. It was a cough, runny nose, and Kylee had a fever. I took Kylee into the Dr. and was told to just wait it out. So when Jaxson got worse, I just assumed I just needed to wait it out for him too. Finally on Monday night (Tuesday morning) at 1:00 AM, I decided it was time to get him in. I talked with a nurse over the phone and told her I thought he might have RSV. She agreed, so I took him to the ER. The Dr. there agreed as well. We got set up with a nebulizer (sp.?) and he is doing much better. The lab results came back that it was actually RSV negative, which means he has bronchiolitis (sp.?).


Then on Friday I took both kids to Junction for their well check appointments. Since Kylee has not gained much weight her ped. wanted to have her tested to make sure she is digesting her food appropriately. So she had two shots in the leg and blood drawn from both arms. She did amazing! Never once did she jerk or shed a tear. She just laid there calmly and said, "all done" when it was over. What a trooper. We should hear back about those labs on Monday.


Jaxson has an ear infection, but we are not treating it since he has not complained about it. We had to schedule an apt. with a physical therapist for him because he as torticolis (again, Spelling??). That means that one of his neck muscles is tighter than the other so he holds his head to one side. I learned how to stretch it out and help him move it to the other side. Because his head leans, the back of his head is lopsided. So now, no more back time when he is awake... only tummy time. We bought him a Bumbo so he can sit up when he is sick of his belly. He is loving that silly little chair. ALSO... because his head is so big (60th percentile, while his weight is less than the first) he has to get an MRI to make sure everything is ok. They will have to sedate (sp?- so glad I did not go into the medical field-) him. This poor little guy has been through so much in his 4 months of life.


So although nothing as far as we know right now is "wrong" with our kids, it really has made me count my blessings. I have always thought I had such healthy kids and hopefully I still do. But I thought about all those kids out there who have such awful illnesses and about the parents who have to see their kids go through that. I truly am grateful for the good health our family has had and I hope we continue to have. I have so many blessings to be grateful for.


3 comments:

Liz said...

WOW! You have had a crazy time! Good luck with everything I am sure they are both fine. So hard not to worry....!

Jenna said...

Good luck! Oh my goodness I hope your kids are ok and that everyone feels well soon!

vandi said...

Wow, court. That is rough. No fun at all. I hope everything turns out for your cute kids. It'll be nice to get results back and not have to wonder anymore. I'll be thinking and praying for you guys. Seriously miss you. We should plan a get together sometime this summer. That'd be sweet!