Monday, January 25, 2010

New Years Resolution

So I know that the time for making New Years Resolutions is past, but I decided that since the first month is not over that it is not too late. One resolution that a friend told me about sounded like a great idea, so I am going to give it a try this year. It is to learn one new thing each month. It can be a new skill, method, idea, or improving on talents. I really like it! I will try to post my experience each month with whatever new thing I have learned.
Here are a few things on my list that I would like to learn this year:
* baking bread
* photography
* sewing
* how to raise toddlers
* how to cure acne (that's right! ok, so it's actually a book that already has it figured out, but I want to read that book and put it to the test)
* learn about real estate (not necessarily to buy a house, but at least learn more about the process)

Other ideas may come up later, but this is a start.

So far this month I have learned how to make good bread (thanks to my sister in law, Becky!) I have now stopped buying bread altogether and just make it. It is something that I can always work to improve, but for I did learn how to make it and like it. I have plans to meet with a friend who has been baking bread for a while to see if I can learn even more tricks and recipes. So mission accomplished for month #1.

I also started a photography class at the college. I am really excited about it. I have a goal to one day be good enough to take pictures for other people. I can't say that I have learned the new skill yet, because I have only had one class, but hopefully by May when the class is over I will have a new talent.

So wish me luck and let me know if you have any good ideas that I might want to try in upcoming months!




What is a post without pictures?? I don't have any pictures of my bread, but I do have a few that I have taken for my class. We are taking pictures of the alphabet and I decided to make Kylee an ABC book from the pictures. Here are a few:


A is for Apple












                                                                              S is for Shoes!











                                         
                          Y is for Yoga!

1 comments:

Liz said...

I would love to make bread to you have a bread maker? Tell me how you do it!